The following are also general advantages anticipated in using gmail:
- Each mail box will be provisioned with 30 GB of space.
- Gmail is part of the total Google Apps package which you can then access.
- You will be connected to Google Calendar allows easy coordination of schedules or events online.
- Google Docs allows you and others to create and collaborate on documents and spread sheets together at the same time.
- If you save documents you are busy with on Google Drive, it will be easier to access your files either “in the cloud” or on your mobile device.
- Most Android Smart phones and Tablets have the Gmail application pre- installed and it requires a few steps to configure it for email access.
- Gmail has an excellent built in anti-spam feature.
As a UWC student, and ambassador of the university, the Director of IT has requested that you observe and adhere to the policies and security measures associated with your Gmail account.
How to access to your new Gmail and Google Apps Account (Add Link)
KEEPING IN CONTACT–YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
It is of the utmost importance that you have a reliable email address, telephone number and physical address. Without this, you may not receive crucial course information. It can also be time-consuming for the SOPH Student Administrators to try to contact you.
Student details update form: School of Public Health, UWC (Add Link)