The School of Public Health, University of the Western Cape (SOPH) has the following opportunity available. Please apply by 2 November 2018, 5p.m.
RESEARCHER (1 POST):
SAMRC/UWC Health Services to Systems Research Unit
The Health Services to Systems Research Unit is seeking a Research Assistant, with an interest in health system strengthening, governance and the future National Health Insurance (NHI), to assist the Director in coordinating the work of the Unit.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging, liaising and networking with a variety of stakeholders around key health system themes
- Organising roundtables and workshops
- Conducting literature searches and collating documentation
- Supporting and organizing field work activities
- Assisting in funding applications and compiling reports
The minimum requirements include:
- South African citizen, permanent resident or work permit holder
- A Masters qualification in public health, social sciences or a related discipline
- Knowledge and experience of South Africa’s health system
- Ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Project management and report writing experience
- Strong work ethic and a team worker
The position is for one year, renewable for a further year dependent on satisfactory performance.
Your application should highlight your strengths as a researcher and project manager and should be accompanied by a full Curriculum Vitae (including certified copies of qualifications and ID/passport) and the names, positions and contact particulars – email addresses and contact numbers – of three referees.
In line with the University’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, applications from the designated groups will be given priority considerations. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to make an appointment at a lower level.